What We Inspect?
Ambika home inspection performs inspection of readily accessible, visually observable, installed house systems and components according to the standard and methodology.
- Structural components including the foundation and framing.
- Wall covering, flashing, and trim.
- Exterior doors.
- Attached and adjacent decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches, and their associated railings.
- Eaves, soffits, and fascias where accessible from the ground level.
- Vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls that are likely to adversely affect the building.
- Walkways, patios and driveways.
- Landscaping structure attached or adjacent to the building when likely to adversely affect the building.
- Garage and carport.
- Garage doors and garage door operators.
- Roofing materials.
- Roof drainage system.
- Skylights, Chimneys, and roof penetration.
- Service drop.
- Service entrance conductors, cables, raceways.
- Service grounding.
- Interior components of service panels and subpanels.
- Service equipment and main disconnects.
- Overcurrent protection devices.
- A representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) and arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCI).
- Interior water supply and distribution systems including fixtures and faucets.
- Drain, waste, and vent systems including fixtures.
- Water heating equipment and associated venting systems.
- Drainage sump, sump pump, and related piping.
- Fuel storage and distribution systems.
- Readily accessible components of Installed heating equipment.
- Vent systems, flues and chimneys.
- Fuel storage and distribution system.
- Permanently installed air conditioning equipment.
- Distribution system.
- Walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Steps, stairways, and railings.
- Representative number of countertops and installed cabinets.
- A representative number of doors and windows.
- Garage vehicle doors and garage vehicle door operators.
Insulation and Ventilation
- Insulation and vapour barrier/retarder in unfinished spaces.
- Ventilation of attics and foundation areas.
- Mechanical ventilation system.
- Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, and similar exhaust systems.
Fireplaces and fuel burning appliances
- System components.
- Chimneys and vent system.
Source: CAHPI (2012): 2012 National Standards of Practice